Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cleaning the Dishwasher...with simplicity!

There are household chores that I dread and several that I tend to put off far too long. The next thing I know I'm having one of "those" days. I'm assuming that you know what kind of a day that I'm talking about. It's one of those days that you roll out of bed and it seems that your eyes are directed to every spec of dirt, dust, and grime throughout your house and your daily chores list begins stacking up in your mind.

Well, for me today has been that day. That's just be fine by me though, because those are some of my most productive days. So as I was rushing through the house and cleaning several of the usually unnoticed spots, I realized that it was time to give in and get the dishwasher cleaned. Every single time I'd opened the dishwasher I knew that it was time to be cleaned, but I just didn't have time to do it. 

Today was similar, but I thought I'd try out a few things to save myself some time first. I knew that getting down to scrub the dishwasher would be time consuming, so why not experiment a little first. I started with placing a bowl full of vinegar in the top tray and running the cycle through with hot water to get the inside cleansed.
Once the cycle with the vinegar had completed, I emptied out the vinegar and poured baking soda through the base of the dishwasher and on the inside of the door to cover most of the stains. The baking soda stuck pretty well to the door and base since it had just ran a good cycle. 

Again, I ran one more quick cycle with the baking soda inside. I opened the door and to my surprise, voilĂ , a CLEAN, sparkly dishwasher! The best part was that as the dishwasher was cleaning itself, I was able to get more done throughout the house! Those are my favorite cleaning jobs...the ones that do the job for you! Hope this works as well for you as it did for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment