Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Give your Knife Block an Update!

I'm always looking for the next project to take on, whether it's something simple or even the bigger projects. A while back I'd seen a photo of a knife block on Pinterest painted in a distressed green color and thought it was absolutely adorable!

At that point, I'd decided I would make mine similar, but also allow it to match the kitchen at the same time. I'd gone with more of a distressed red color and used crackled finish to give it even a tad bit more of the distressed feel. After finishing it, it didn't take long for me to realize that I wasn't really happy with the finished product.

So there I was with a knife block I wasn't so proud of in my kitchen and trying to decide where to go from there. That's when my obsession with Mod Podge came in handy :) I simply went through my supply of scrapbook paper and decided which paper I'd like to use to cover my unwanted paint on the knife block.

Once I was prepared with my mod podge, craft brush, scissors, and scrapbook paper, I simply began to cut the paper out in the sizes needed and mod podge on the block. When it came time to prepare the paper for the knife slots, I simply used a small knife to go ahead and make the slits and I used the knife dipped in mod podge to get the paper to stick on the inside of the slots. After the paper was stuck on there good, I did one final coat over the top of the entire knife block to be sure that it was safe to get wet! It was that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment